Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Dan's a No 1 Mule... Dan Sheridan at the Irish NPS Round 1

The weekend of the 3rd and 4th of April saw the first round of the Irish NPS in Cahir, Co. Tipperary.

The venue has been used for the Irish champs in 2008 and 2 NPS rounds in 2009. Myself, my dad, Ben kennedy and doner kabab arrived down on friday, Set the pit up and changed the tyres to spikes.

The track was pretty good except for the last section which was flat and muddy but the rest was fast and rough!

I got up on saturday morning, did some slow runs to get the hang of it and then did a fast run with Dan Wolfe which was great. The track was quite muddy due to the showers and sun which was making it sticky.

At the end of the day there was a big shower and the track was mint, so wet and fun with foot off on loads of turns! After practise there was a prize giving for the winter league overall, I came first overall in the under16 category and there was only 1 other rider who won all 3 races.

Finished the day with washing and checking the bike, walking the track and have a big dinner.

Sunday morning was quite sunny, but the track was again wet. On my first run down I slid out on a drifty flat corner, landing in the biggest pile of mud ever and getting absolutely covered in mud, a quick cruise to the bottom to change my gloves and i was ready for another run which went a bit better.

I rested up for the race run and washed the bike. I had a pretty good first run for the conditions, blowing out and stalling in a few corners and catching up on 2 riders slowed me down a bit, but I got to the bottom and went into first, 10 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

My 2nd run was much faster, but doing a sam hill about half way down on a muddy corner made me fall on my face, that was the end of that.

I stayed in first with my first run, 10 seconds ahead of 2nd place Cameron Cornforth. My time would have won the Junior category by 4 seconds and I would have finished 8th in Elites.

The bike went amazing all weekend, smoothing out the rough stuff and nailing the corners at the top and then pedaling like a dream at the bottom!

Dan Wolfe smashed Elites in his first race back and Ben kennedy stormed Under14s!

Im off to the first British downhill series in rheola at the weekend!

Post a Comment